Inform Us of a Maintenance Issue
Simply go to your portal and submit a Maintenance Request and we will address your maintenance issue. If it is an emergency that requires immediate attention, please call (480-382-1440) and submit a Maintenance Request. If this is a life-threatening emergency call 911 immediately.
Repair or damage caused by your negligence or misuse is your responsibility. In such cases, repairs will be made, but you will be charged for the cost of the labor and materials.Submit Maintenance
The following is a list of common maintenance issues. Please review the list for possible solutions before submitting a Maintenance Request.
Hot water issues
- Water Cold – If Electric, Check the circuit breaker in the circuit panel. If it is in the off position turn it on. If Gas, make sure gas is turned on, if so, make sure pilot is turned on
- Water Cold - Check the thermostat on the side of the water heater for temperature setting. Reset tripped thermostat buttons.
- Water Too Hot - If the hot water is too hot then turn down the thermostat on the side of the water heater.
Garbage disposal usage and issues
- Garbage disposals are designed to grind small amounts of food scraps that may be in the disposal area.
- Garbage disposals are not to be used as grinders for big items or large amounts of waste. They will clog especially with potato peels, coffee grounds, broccoli, eggshells, rose bushes, etc. For large items and piles of debris dispose of them in the garbage can. This will save you time and money.
- If the garbage disposal is not working, check to see if it is humming when the unit is turned on. If not, turn the switch off and press the reset button on the bottom of the disposal unit. Turn the disposal back on. If the unit is buzzing again turn the disposal off and unplug it from the wall. If you are not sure what you are doing call a professional.
- For jammed disposals there is an Allen wrench mounted on the side of the unit. With the unit unplugged the Allen wrench is for the bottom of the disposal to rotate the disposal shaft and free the stuck unit. Once moving again plug unit in and test. Again if you are not sure what you are doing call a professional.
- If the unit does not make a buzzing sound make sure it is plugged in, switch is on, and the breaker in the breaker box is on.
- The water quality in Phoenix Arizona can leave deposits and stains on our dishes and the dishwasher. The common practice to avoid this issue is below.
- If dishes are still dirty and/or the dishwasher will not drain then clean debris out of the bottom of the dishwasher.
- If soap and water spots remain on the dishes, make sure you are using powdered detergent only. You must also add a rinse agent such as glass magic, Finish Power Up Booster or similar product.
- If water drips into the bottom compartment from the freezer, the refrigerator will need to be emptied and allowed to defrost. Caution that the water does not drain onto the floor and cause damage.
- Filter Replacement light is on, then replace filter.
- Clean refrigerator intake grill from dust and lint
- If your food is freezing or is not cold enough, check the thermostat and make slow adjustments accordingly.
- When a toilet clogs, to prevent it from overflowing turn off the water to the toilet at the wall behind the toilet. This will stop the inflow of water and give you time to work. The next step is to plunge the toilet bowl until the clog passes.
- When the toilet will not flush or it runs continuously, check inside the tank at the back of the toilet. The chain needs to be attached to the rubber flapper and it should not be caught up preventing the flapper from making a seal.
- Do not use toilet-cleaning products in the toilet tank. This will cause deterioration of the seal and toilet mechanisms.
Drain issuesWhen a sink or shower drain gets clogged it is usually due to hair clogs. Unscrew stopper from drain and clean hair, reattach and test. If still not draining, use drain cleaners per directions on the bottle. Drains after sitting for periods of time with no running water through them can clog the 1st time you reuse it. This is caused because the pipes interior build-up dries up and falls to the bottom of the pipe and can clog the drain. If it does not clear on its own, then normally a drain cleaner will resolve the issue.
Water leaking issuesMost water leaks can be stopped by turning off the water to the appliance or fixture. If this does not work, turn off the water at the main shutoff to the house. This will give you time to clean up the water and call the office immediately.
If there is no power to an electrical plug, check for a GFCI outlet that has tripped in the room and reset it. Sometimes the GFCI resets will be in another room (Bathroom, Kitchen, or Garage) some electrical plugs are controlled by a light switch. Turn on switches to see if they affect the electrical plug. Test the appliance on another known working electrical plug to make sure the appliance works. Last check is to make sure the breaker has not tripped or fuse blown at the appropriate panel.
For light switches that are not working, make sure the appliance is working correctly, by testing it in another outlet, and that any light bulbs are working properly, by testing them.